SOUPer Bowl Benefit Luncheon
“A simple meal to meet basic needs”
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 21 st
10 AM UNTIL 2 PM
Ohio University – Zane State College Campus Center
1425 Newark Road, Zanesville
Adults $5 in advance/$6 at the door
Students & Volunteers $4
Twenty-two years ago Dr. David Klein and Bill Factor developed the idea of the “SOUPer Bowl Benefit Luncheon ” with two goals in mind:
- to bring together churches of all denominations and their congregations, working side-byside, in an ecumenical fashion and in the spirit of Christian fellowship. Many long lasting friendships and feelings of mutual respect have developed;
- to raise money for organizations that serve the less fortunate in our community.
In the past twenty-one years, the luncheon has raised over $209,333. One hundred percent of the proceeds has been divided equally among local non-profit organizations. Each Sponsoring Church and Corporate Sponsor donates seed money and many vendors make donations of the products we use to prepare the luncheon. This makes the 100% distribution possible. Currently we have (24) Corporate Sponsors and (23) Sponsoring Churches participating, having started the first year with just two churches.
Once again this year, Rambo Memorial Health Center staff will be on site during the luncheon to provide flu shots for $5 to Muskingum County residents and $20 to out of county residents. There is no charge for Medicare Part B participants (with Medicare/Insurance card).
This year’s FIVE non-profit recipient organizations, which provide food to the hungry in our community, are: The Salvation Army; Muskingum County Center for Seniors; Eastside Community Ministry; Fellowship of Christ’s Community; and Christ’s Table.
How can you HELP?
- Bake 2 or 3 dozen of your “special home-baked” cookies;
- Be a volunteer at the SOUPer Bowl luncheon;
- Purchase a carry-out lunch & deliver it to a shut-in or friend;
- Donate a GIFT CARD for the SOU Per Bowl “Gift Card” Raffles;
- Buy and/or help sell tickets prior to the event;
- Purchase a “PAY IT FORWARD” ticket and donate it back so someone unable to afford to purchase a ticket can also enjoy a hot lunch and join the fellowship;
- Monetary contributions are also appreciated.
- If you would like to help or if you should have any questions please feel free to contact your church’s SOUPer Bowl Representatives Ellen Shaw 453-8226 or Barb Stoneburner 454-2708.