Come join us on Sunday, August 17, at Friendly Hills Grange Camp for worship at 10:30 am followed by a potluck lunch. There will be games, bingo, swimming (weather permitting), fun and fellowship for young and old.
Bring your favorite dish to share at the potluck. Table service including plates, plastic ware and cups will be provided. Drinks (coffee, water, lemonade) will also be provided.
We are planning on having 35-40 prizes offered for bingo winners. If you would like to contribute a prize or two, please leave it/them in the box on the stage at St. John’s. You could also bring your donation the day of the picnic. Prizes might include such items as puzzles, mugs, paper pads, markers, coloring books, folders, bubbles, candy, nuts, food pantry items (such as canned soup or Mac-and-cheese), etc.
Friendly Hills Grange Camp is located at 5880 Friendly Hills Road (off North River Road West). Directions to the camp (based upon leaving St. John’s parking lot) are:
- Head south on N 7th St toward Market St.
- Take the 1st right onto Market St.
- Take the 1st right onto N 6th St.
- Turn left onto the I-70-W ramp.
- Take exit 153-B to merge onto Maple Ave.
- Turn right at Northpointe Dr.
- Turn right at Richvale Rd.
- Turn left at Friendly Hills Rd.
- Destination will be on the right.
We are gathering items for First Putnam House, a local outreach to homeless people, on the day of the picnic. They are requesting the following items:
- hand lotion
- healthy snacks (individually packaged)
- gift cards for fast food or transportation
- bottle water
- shaving cream
- hand sanitizer WIPES
- inspiration message
- Ziplock quart baggies
If you are able to bring one or two items from the list, I’m sure they will all be put to good use.
We hope to see you on Sunday, August 17, for a worship-filled, fun morning and entertaining afternoon of fellowship!
Please note: There will be no 8 am service at St. John’s on this day.