A fresh year of DCYF—Downtown Churches Youth Fellowship—is about to begin, and all youth in sixth grade through high school seniors are invited to join us. As has been our pattern, we’ll meet twice a month (typically the 1st and 3rd Sundays) for Pizza and Bible Study on one date and a social/fun activity on the other.
DCYF is a collaborative youth ministry effort between the downtown Zanesville churches. We usually average about 30 to 35 youth per event, which allows our smaller youth groups to build relationships between churches. The ages are fairly wide-spread, so both the younger and older students will feel comfortable.
The various pastors and youth directors take turns leading—which gives the youth an opportunity to learn from and connect with other faithful Christian adults. We’re also proud of the fact that DCYF is an ecumenical group, meaning it consists of a variety of Christian denominations; as a result, we hope our youth learn that all Christians (regardless of their denomination) are children of God and have much in common!
Please let me, Pastor Mark our Doug Smith know if you have any questions.
- God’s Peace, Vicar Amanda (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Pizza and Bible Study Sun, 10/6, 12-1:30p @ St. John’s
- Bonfire and Cookout Sun, 10/20 @ Janice Helmbrecht’s (one of our leaders) house [We’ll travel there via our bus as we did last year.]
- Pizza and Bible Study Sun, 11/3, 12-1:30p
- Fun activity [stay posted for details] Sun, 11/17